£1,500 for Charities Nominated by c2c Staff
National Express train operator c2c has donated a total of £1,500 to nine local and national charities which were nominated by the company’s employees.
The donations are the latest round from the company’s Charity Panel, which backs employees in their own personal fundraising activity for the charities and community groups they support.
The local charities who will receive donations are:
- £200 for Havens Hospices, following a collection among passengers at Fenchurch Street which raised £100
- £200 for the East of England Ambulance Trust, as part of a campaign to raise funds for a defibrillator
- £100 for Tigers JFC Girls football team, based in Hornchurch, which will go towards new kit
Six national charities were also nominated by staff:
- £250 for Macmillan Cancer Support, in addition to £1,500 raised through coffee morning events at Thorpe Bay, Benfleet and Shoeburyness stations
- £200 for the Railway Children charity, supporting a further £500 raised through a raffle and passenger collection
- £200 for Cancer Research UK
- £150 for the Scouts
- £100 for the British Heart Foundation
- £100 for Great Ormond Street Hospital
c2c Driver Geoff Powell, who coordinates the Charity Panel nominations from c2c staff, said: “We’re delighted we can support so many different charities, both local and national, in these latest set of awards. Every single one of these donations is supporting our employees in their fundraising and volunteering for the good causes they choose.”
In total, last year National Express’ Charity Panel donated nearly £17,000 to 65 different charities and community groups nominated by National Express’ rail, coach and bus staff across the UK.
- The attached photo shows Geoff Powell fundraising for the Havens Hospice. For a high-res version or more information please contact Chris Atkinson on 020 7444 1868 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About c2c: c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex. c2c is delivering the best performance in the UK rail industry, holding the UK records for annual punctuality (97.5%) and 4-weekly punctuality (98.8%) by a franchised train operator. c2c was named London’s best commuter operator in Which? magazine’s survey of rail companies.
- About National Express: National Express includes: National Express, the Kings Ferry and Eurolines coaches; National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry and National Express Dundee bus services; the Midland Metro tram; the c2c rail franchise; extensive Spanish bus and coach services; bus operations in Morocco; and, significant school bus operations in North America. More than 800m journeys a year are made worldwide on our services. Our 42,000 employees are committed to improve the quality of life for all through travel.