HR Business Partner, HQ London Full time
c2c is one of the most punctual rail companies in the country, and we’re leading the industry with innovations such as Automatic Delay Repay and Flexi-Season tickets. Our customers always tell us that it is our behaviour, and our customer service, that really makes the difference to their journey. We know that making a customer’s day might be as simple as giving them a smile at the gateline, or our expert knowledge as we answer their question. Most importantly it's our personal touch and letting our unique personalities shine through that makes for a great customer experience. We are what we repeatedly do; excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. Is this you? Are you a motivated and dynamic individual looking to join a committed and diverse workforce? If yes, we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking a motivated individual, with impeccable skill, expertise and judgment in employee relations to partner with our managers in dealing with the ER challenges of managing teams – specifically in the reduction of sickness absence through the provision of advice and guidance to managers on the absence procedure, in liaising with our occupational health provider and in the analysis of individual cases as well as wider trends. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and tenacious about driving change. This role will be truly integrated with the HR team as well as the management teams, however, you will have autonomy and be expected to provide the leadership and discipline to ensure that deliverables are achieved on a timely basis. You will be confident, credible and committed to delivering targets through only the highest standards of work and will be highly visible and accountable to the Senior Management. You'll need excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills coupled with outstanding communications and networking skills giving you the ability to brief, negotiate and consult with your stakeholders effectively and to build, develop and manage effective partnerships internally and externally, at all levels. Working discreetly and with confidential information, in an extremely commercially sensitive environment, and understanding the risks of this work goes without saying.
- Reporting, managing internal and external interfaces, supporting and developing managers in the provision of guidance on HR practices
- Identify training needs through the performance development process, feedback from line managers and the business/committed obligations requirements and deliver training as appropriate
- Support line managers in company council activities and carry out consultation as necessary with company council trade union representatives
- Active input to delivering the People Strategy through employee engagement activities and action plans based on the annual engagement survey results
- Assist with the delivery of the Health and Wellbeing Strategy ensuring communication of the activities throughout the business
Education, Skills and competencies required:
- Ideally, you should be a qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development or working towards certification
- Clear and extensive knowledge and understanding of UK employment law
- Proven experience of supporting and advising managers on all HR issues
- Experience of managing complex employee relations issues in a unionised environment
- Experience of managing projects to successful conclusion.
- Highly literate and numerate; and particularly highly IT literate with strong MS Office skills, especially Word and Excel.
- Situational Awareness: anticipation of risk, attention to detail
- Conscientiousness: systematic approach, positive attitude towards rules and procedure
- Communication: strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external)
- Initiative: taking ownership of your work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- People management: setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance, holding people accountable
Alongside salary: £35,000.00 - £38,000 dependent on experience,, we also offer additional benefits including free travel on c2c, discounted travel on National Rail services, Railway pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for a variety of rewards and benefits.
Your additional information (supporting statement) is a crucial part of your application, it must demonstrate and evidence that you meet the specifications for the post. You need to relate your knowledge, skills, and experiences to the requirements mentioned in the advert with examples from your current or previous experience.
This is an opportunity for you if you want to be able to make your mark in contributing to the effective operational performance of our stations whilst providing exceptional customer services where safety, the customer, the community and our people are at the very heart of the business.
The Company is committed to the principles of diversity, and equal opportunity for all.
The closing date for this role 21st January 2018