Head of Commercial Development, Full time, HQ London
Italian-based Trenitalia is one of Europe’s leading rail operators and the passenger rail arm of FS Italiane Group. Trenitalia manages passenger services with long haul connections, both on high speed (Frecciarossa) and conventional lines, and regional and metropolitan services. Overall FS Italiane Group runs 8,000 trains a day, serving 600 million passengers and carrying 50 million tons of freight a year, over a network exceeding 16,700 kilometres.
Owned by Trenitalia UK, c2c is one of the UK’s most punctual and popular train operators and over 46m journeys are made on our services every year. c2c is the award-winning train operator running services between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, serving 26 stations in East London and South Essex
The Head of Commercial Development for Trenitalia UK is the lead subject matter expert of demand/revenue modelling and forecasting, providing expert insight of demand and revenue plans to support Trenitalia bid activity. The Head of Commercial Development will also support existing Trenitalia UK companies in all aspects of medium-to-long-term demand and revenue forecasting, commercial assessments, and leading-on and supporting commercial negotiations with stakeholders and suppliers. Key accountabilities will be assuring exogenous and endogenous revenue forecasts as well as modelling and articulating demand and revenue risk. The post holder will be required to lead negotiations with the Department for Transport on revenue-related Changes to existing franchise agreements
- Providing support for the assessment of commercial and station developments to inform future footfall, customer needs and train service provided
- Providing detailed demand forecasts to inform capacity assessments
- Undertaking commercial assessments of timetable plans (using MOIRA2)
Education, Skills and competencies required:
- Knowledge of UK Rail commercial assessments including financial and economic business cases Knowledge of application of formal project management methods. Knowledge of a recognised planning tool, such as Microsoft Project.
- Use of modelling and forecasting tools, including MOIRA and MOIRA2
- Commercial negotiations within the UK Rail contractual environment
- Leading the demand and revenue modelling workstream within a rail bidding environment
- Directing and managing commercial projects from inception to completion with time/budget responsibilities
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, transport planning desirable
- Possess sound analytical skills.
- Strong capabilities in managing and developing business processes
- Good knowledge and experience in the following computer systems: Microsoft Office, Excel to an advanced level.
- Situational Awareness: analyses information from a range of sources in order to make effective decisions; weighs up risks and challenges; applies critical thinking; is outcomes focused and measures impact.
- Conscientiousness: systematic approach, positive attitude towards rules and procedure.
- Communication: strong communication skills both verbally and in writing flexes to suit different audiences, builds rapport and is open and approachable, holding people accountable.
- Decision making and influencing: use sound judgment to make informed decisions, creates win-win outcomes by developing relationships (both internal and external).
- Initiative: taking ownership of your work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Plans and prioritises: Works efficiently and plans ahead; prioritises effectively and is able to balance urgent and important activity.
- People management: setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance. Maintains motivation creates energy and momentum; and drives excellence and improvement.
This is an opportunity for you if you want to be able to make your mark in contributing to the effective operational performance of our stations whilst providing exceptional customer services where safety, the customer, the community and our people are at the very heart of the business.
The Company is committed to the principles of diversity, and equal opportunity for all.
The closing date for this role is 3rd April 2018