Travelling on Oyster is a great and cost effective way to travel around London. The Oyster card allows you to store credit for PAYG journeys or upload products such as Travelcards or Season tickets. Download this map to show where oyster cards are accepted on c2c routes.
How do I get an Oyster card?
There are two ways to get an Oyster card:
- Order a card online through the TfL website
- Get a card from your local station
How can you purchase tickets on your Oyster card?
The easiest way to purchase and monitor your account is to create an Oyster account through the TfL website. There are several benefits for creating an online account:
- You can view your previous journeys made on your Oyster card and view any incomplete journeys
- Purchase season tickets which can be uploaded to your Oyster card, saving having to queue at the station
- Sign up for Auto-Top Up meaning that you never run out of money on your Oyster card!
- Apply for a refund
- You're protected against loss or theft
At our stations, you can purchase tickets and upload credit for your Oyster card through our self service machines.
Note that for our ticket offices, the minimum amount of credit that can be uploaded to the Oyster card is £5.