To enquire about lost property, to check if we have found property or to report an item lost or mislaid on one of our trains or at one of our stations, please fill in this contact form.
Alternatively, you can call 01702 357699.
Opening Hours: 09.00 - 14.00 Monday to Friday only - bank holidays excluded.
Or write to us at:
c2c Rail Ltd
Essex SS0 7SB
Please be prepared to provide the following information to the advisor when calling:
- where you were travelling from
- the time you were travelling
- a description of the item lost i.e. luggage, holdall,...
- where on the train it was left
- name and contact information
We do not charge for the return of any lost property.
Please note that any property claimed must be collected from the Lost Property office at Westcliff station.
Cycles are carried free on c2c provided they are stored safely and out of the way of other passengers.
Fully folding cycles can be carried at any time.
Folding cycles should be transported in a protective carrying case.
Policy for carrying cycles on c2c trains
- Cycles are not permitted on weekday services ariving in London Fenchurch Street between 07.15 and 09.45, or leaving London Fenchurch Street between 16.30 and 18.42.
- If you plan to travel with 3 or more cyclists please contact the cycle helpline on01702 357640 where we can advise you further.
- Tandems and tricycles are not permitted.
- During engineering work, cycles cannot be accommodated on c2c replacement bus services.
- Motorcycles cannot be carried on any service.
- Cycles are carried at owners risk (see National Rail Conditions of Carriage) or for futher information visit www.nationalrail.co.uk.
- Cycles must be carried in the designated area on the train and must not obstruct doors and aisles.
- Reservations are not required.
- Please do not lock your cycle to any part of the train. You are also reminded not to leave your cycle unattended at any time during your journey.
You can view which stations have cycle bays here.